Sunday, March 11, 2007

Daisy State Park - Feb 07

We went to up to Daisy Feb 16 to camp and go on an tour of the lake hoping to see eagles. We got to Daisy around 4:30 Friday. It was pretty cold so I chose not to put the yak in Friday evening. I was hoping to have good weather Saturday. But we woke to 30-35 mph winds Saturday morning. It was a cold but sunny day,and I don't think I have ever seen a wind that strong and that steady. It was amazing to see the wind blow so hard that the water was whitecaping down the middle of the Lake. None of my pictures did that wind justice! It blew from early in the morning until around 5 PM. Then the winds died down some, but were still too strong to put the yak in. And the eagle tour was canceled because the winds were too bad for the party barge to steer.Dad and I went down several times to the launch area to look at the lake. One of the times, I got a pretty good picture of Dad.
Since we could not go out on the lake, we took a drive around to the local Corps of Engineer parks on the north side of Lake Greeson. There were several that were ok, but none of them have water at the campsite. I can do without the sewer at the site because we can "dump" on the way out of the campground, but I would hate having to haul water by the 5 gallon buckets to the trailer everytime we needed to fill up the tank. So I guess those campgrounds are off my list of places I want to camp. There is nothing like being able to turn on a water spigot in the camper and have hot running water and soap to wash with! I love my hybrid!
It was much nicer Sunday, but still very cold. So we packed up and headed home. I am sooooo looking forward to warmer weather! Well, until my next post...
Cathy

1 comment:

Jessica said...

It LOOKS cold! Miss you!