Friday, April 25, 2008

Camping in Feb-April

Well, we have been camping quite a few times from February until April, but I really haven't been so pleased with the pictures. So I have the only ones that I liked all put into one album on Webshots and you can look at them by clicking here.

Our trip to Lake Quachita State park in Feb was quite cold so I didn't get out in the yak at all. And we went on an eagle tour of the lake and we did not see any eagles at all. I got some good pictures of Mom and Dad, but I seem to have misplaced them somewhere... I'll find some soon I hope. Below you will see the only picture that I really like out of the ones that I took on that trip.

Then we went to Jimmie Davis State Park. We had never been there before and we were quite pleasantly surprised with the park and the lake. I was able to get out and kayak 3 times during the weekend, and the water is very clear. The bottom of the lake is sand on top of clay, so the clarity of the water is great! There are many undeveloped parts of the lake, so it will be very nice to kayak in during the summer when it becomes necessary to do a lot of swimming in the lake to say cool as I kayak.

I saw a lot of wildlife while kayaking. I was able to get pretty close to some beavers. I don't think that they liked me hanging around taking pictures.

There were several different types of ducks. This is one I am not familiar with and I'll have to look it up.

It stormed pretty bad the day that we drove over to Jimmie Davis State Park, and I found out that my 4Runner was pretty uncontrollable when big trucks passed us on the highway. I spent most of the drive with "white knuckles" because it was such a tense ride. So I figured I had better bite the bullet and get a vehicle with the right wheelbase and weight to handle the 7000 lb trailer. So, I went the next week and traded in my 4Runner for an 8cy 5.6L Tundra Truck. What a difference! It was so much easier to haul my trailer when I went to Lake Claiborne a few weeks ago.

I love my new truck!

We are going to Denby Point in Arkansas in a week for four days. I am hoping that I can get a lot of kayaking in while there.

Love y'all! Cathy

No comments: