Monday, May 19, 2008

Lake Ouachita

Mom and Dad and I went up to Lake Ouachita the first weekend of May. Going up we encountered tornadic winds and rain. It was quite something. Listening to the news when we got up there, we found out that we had driven VERY close to where tornadoes had struck. So we were very fortunate to have made it through with no problems.

Here's Dad relaxing after we got there.


The winds were amazing Friday and Saturday on the Lake. We had 40 mph gusts with a constant 20 mph wind. So I was not able to get out in the yak at all until Sunday. But the sunset Sunday evening was quite nice.

We had a great time, and I have a few more pictures in my webshots album. You can go there by clicking on the title above.

We plan on going to Lake Gilham the end of the month although from what I understand the camping sites are underwater right now...so that may change.

Cathy

No comments: